Monday 14 September 2009

It's the little things

Me, I like to faff about with my resultsets in Excel. This probably makes me incredibly old fashioned, and I'm sure various of my friends would call me a flat-earther. Tant pis.

However, I got all overexcited just now. Instead of highlighting the resultset, copying it using ctrl+c and pasting it into the spreadsheet at row #2, and then swearing greatly while I transferred the column names individually, I right clicked on the resultset after highlighting it.

Now, I've been using SSMS for SQL 2008 for, oh, six months. How did I fail to notice that there was an option to "Copy with Headers"?! If this has been an option in SQL 2005, well, please don't tell me. I'd rather not know that I missed it for, oh, two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment